Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 December 2012

A Big F Off to You And Your Culture from Sumaiya Karim

LET'S HOPE THIS DOESN'T CATCH ON BECAUSE IT WILL MEAN MUSLIMS RUNNING THE COUNTRY. 

Sumaiya Karim, Wokingham’s Member of Youth Parliament (MYP), led a winning debate in the chamber on Friday, November 23. The 16-year-old is believed to be t...he first person to wear a hijab while speaking at the despatch box in Parliament. “It was absolutely brilliant and a fantastic experience for all of us,” Sumaiya said. “This was one of the best things I’ve ever done – something I’ll never forget for the rest of my life. “I was feeling a bit nervous, but I’ve been told that didn’t come across.” The Maiden Erlegh School Year 12 pupil, who is hoping to study medicine at university, has decided to wear a Muslim headscarf for most of her time at secondary school. “It was a decision I arrived at myself,” she said. “I did a lot of reading when I was growing up and decided it was time to start wearing the headscarf. “It’s such an honour [to be the first to speak in Parliament wearing a hijab] and I’ve been humbled by the response from everyone. I’ve been getting loads of emails and phone calls. “Parliament should be representative of the population and there are so many Muslim women in the UK. I want to show we are into politics and are part of the future of the UK.” Sumaiya, from Lower Earley, opened a debate calling for the national curriculum to be overhauled to include wider life skills. “This is something I feel really passionate about,” she said. “I think it’s really important we address this and it’s the perfect time to do it. “It’s really important we have access to education and diverse cultures have the same opportunities. It’s about engaging young people and getting them involved in these issues and engaging them for later in life. A lot of our education makes us the people we are and we are the future.” The A-level pupil was greeted with applause at the close of her speech, after she asked why her favourite chocolate bar had risen in price from 10p to 20p. The national curriculum motion was one of five debated by the UK Youth Parliament at the event, chaired by the Speaker Rt Hon John Bercow MP, and received 154 of the 295 votes cast. Sumaiya will step down as Wokingham’s MYP after deciding not to reapply for December’s election. -C-

Post Script From The Horwich nationalists
As a matter of rules is it not illegal for anyone to sit in the Parliamentary chamber who is not an fully Elected MP?
Also this example of creeping sharia, is another example of the Islamics just sticking 2 fingers up at the British People it,s Traditions and Values. And also is not the silence of the femminista deafening at this spectacle of the way women is the cult of islam are treated as mere chattels and forced to be second class in walks of life. Despite all this objects claims of choice, I have the feeling it was the choice of wear it or else!