Search This Blog

Sunday 30 May 2010

Why Are Brits to Blame

Why Are Brits to Blame

I could have asked 'what's in a name' I guess, as it really is a question I have to ask when I view news items which declare....a British Pakistani has been arrested in.....or a British Nigerian fled the country with his......or a British Guyanan was charged with....etc, etc.
Yeah? You know what I mean. I mean why can 'they' be British, that's what I mean.
They ask 'what does it mean to be British', and I recall Nick Griffin's reply when asked that question, was "Well you can just tell". I know what he means too. So the interviewer...Adam Bolton I believe, then asked "Do you mean white"? To which Nick replied along the lines of "What does colour have to do with it".
So let us not go down the dark alley of colour here when I make a few comments about "Why Brits are to blame", as per the headline.
You see, I simply read this piece here on Sky where their headline reads; Briton 'Ran Social Nework Site For Paedos'. The perverted son of a bitch is being extradited to the USA and I hope he gets the gas chamber, but apart from that I happened to be a bit inquisitive about his name when I found it was Delwyn Savigar.
So what you say?

Well so what, I too was thinking until I looked to see that the origin of his surname is French, and it made me realise that when they say that a 'Briton' did this or that, they mindlessly ignore the fact that the bloke is actually from an immigrant parental line otherwise he wouldn't have a French name.
Why don't they say a French immigrant or Civically British person was charged for this or that offense then. Why do they attach the label 'Briton' to any person who happened to be given citizenship here by any government during the course of the last I don't know how many years?
Question: Who gave 'them' authority to give 'our' nationality away like worthless bits of paper, and simultaneously NEVER ask people if they could?
Who's country is this?
Okay, I'm not having a go at the French here because it stands to reason many people who are 'British' will undoubtedly have originated from France. So too Germany and other places of course, so maybe the press are right to say 'Briton' when making their account of the news.
But again, why (and on whose authority), can an individual then be described as British Pakistani, British Indian, British Guyanan when they NEVER refer to anyone as being 'British French', or 'British German'?
Am I getting too deep here or do I have a point?
Question:
Why when the British person is black or Asian, does the media attach their place of ethnic origin to their 'British' title, but when the person is of French or other origin, not?
My case is clearly made here I feel, that the media is actually racist.
Reference to Adam Bolton "Do you mean white"....... Reply, "What does that have to do with it".
So you see there is actually a case to be made here as to why the media dresses itself up as all white and clean and unblemished, whilst clearly ignoring the fact that 'Briton' is a race, and British is not a race.
So again, how can a French bloke, be a 'Briton', and how can a Pakistani be 'British'.
Time to wake up fellas and start asking the media these questions, whether you are Welsh, English, Irish, Scot, a Briton, British, or indeed a Pakistani or a Frenchman who happens to live in Britain, which belongs to Britons.